Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour
×



Details

Submitted on
February 12, 2013
Image Size
31.3 MB
Resolution
9484×5507
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
5,731 (3 today)
Favourites
150 (who?)
Comments
15
Downloads
181
×
[WIP] Light Space Tanker by Guilhem-Bedos [WIP] Light Space Tanker by Guilhem-Bedos
In this future where near orbit is the suburb of Earth and where space dwellers live in giant orbital colonies, such ships are used to convey fret and goods between the space settlements. With its 2-4 people crew which journeys during several days sometimes, it is necessary that this designs proposes a living area with minimal gravity.

Made with 3DS Max in the last months or so; comments and critics are very welcome in order to help me finish this modeling before I begin texturing (the original file being almost 10 000 px wide, I suggest you download it to see every detail in all its glory ;] ), thanks in advance for your interest and your help. All of you take care :)
Add a Comment:
 
:iconrepublic2033:
Republic2033 Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2013
excellent concept , very good modeling , texture and lightning :happybounce: someone is going to geta broadside 
Reply
:iconguilhem-bedos:
Guilhem-Bedos Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Thanks!  :)
Reply
:iconrepublic2033:
Republic2033 Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2013
no prob :)
Reply
:iconnicelabs:
NICELabs Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Very impressive :) Great look to her :)
Reply
:iconguilhem-bedos:
Guilhem-Bedos Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Thanks! :)
Reply
:icon1wyrmshadow1:
1Wyrmshadow1 Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2013
I would make the forward cab a little more detailed. Just not so simple a shape. Do I have any ideas? Sorry not really but as it stands now, it just looks a little too simple compared to the rest of the ship. Break up the large panels a bit like the engine section.
Reply
:iconguilhem-bedos:
Guilhem-Bedos Featured By Owner Mar 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
This forward cab is indeed of concern to me: I tried to detail it more, but with no convincing results so far – maybe I simply need to think about it more...

Of course, one should keep in mind that there will be textures. Also, as it is now, it provides some contrast with the rear section – but this sounds a bit like a lame excuse. ;)

Thanks for your feedback: much appreciated, really, as it conforts me in the idea that something's missing and I should work harder. :)
Reply
:icon1wyrmshadow1:
1Wyrmshadow1 Featured By Owner Mar 17, 2013
Well when you ask for a criticism I try to be constructive. Your talent is self evident but there is always room for improvement. Also I don't like blind flattery, either giving it or receiving it. I thought 10% of the model could use a little improvement, which means I liked the other 90%, but I'm not going to waste 90% of your time by talking about how great that part is.
Reply
:iconguilhem-bedos:
Guilhem-Bedos Featured By Owner Mar 18, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
We understood each other, then :)

Thanks again for your time: take care!
Reply
:iconkiml42:
kiml42 Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Great design. Looks very practical from a scientific point of view. I always like to see the proper level of general symmetry in starship, as well as manoeuvring engines.
How would this land?
Reply
Add a Comment: